Monday, October 11, 2010

Why me?


Many times we come across this question. I have been just, religious, I have been doing my duty,I have endured enough hardships,I have tried out all options.why fate pushes me to the brink every now and then?

Had the opportunity to read ramayana once again..so many times we would’ve read the same,listened, saw the movie and known fairly well the out line of the plot in the story.But when Iam reading it this time the epic gives me new insights. How perfectly have they donned the role of human beings. Ravana’s invincibility lay in his boons he got from Brahma, that he cannot be destroyed by gods or asuras. His pride was too much to include a mere human being capable of matching his prowess.

Though the purpose of incarnation was destruction of Ravana, Rama and seetha also had to prove that they too were not devoid of human afflictions.

I write the following passage from ramayana by Rajaji..
All lakshmana’s efforts to console him were in vain. He was convinced that the rakshasas had carried away seeta and torn her to pieces and eaten her up. He pictured to himself in detail the horror of her suffering and cried in his grief “ I must have committed terrible sins.How else could such suffering come to me?”

Similar is the lamenting by seetha in ashokavana. So Mahavishnu and laksmi endure hardships like mere mortals when they are  born as humans. His design was that there should never be contradictions to Brahma’s boons. Where does our sacrifices and rightousness stand in front of this avatara purusha. If he has to survive such difficult times, we better give him all the credit to save us from all our difficult times. 

பெருமானே நீ பட்ட துன்பமெல்லாம் யானறிவேன் 
முடிதுறந்து , மனையிழந்து  காட்டினூடே  அலைந்து
மானிடனாய் நீ பிறந்ததற்கே  இந்த துயரமென்றால் 
எம் கவலை மாற்றவல்லதார் கடனே சொல் கண்ணா ..

1 comment:

  1. exactly right. துயருறும் காலத்தில் சுந்தர காண்டம் படிக்க சொல்வதற்கு இதுவே காரணம். அவதாரங்களே மனிதப் பிறவியில் அவ்வளவு துன்புறுகையில் நாமெல்லாம் எம்மாத்திரம் என்ற எண்ணம் தோன்றவும், அவர்கள் பட்ட துன்பத்தைக் காட்டிலும் நம்முடையது எவ்வளவோ பரவாயில்லை என்று உணரவும்...

    பகிர்ந்தமைக்கு மிக்க நன்றி ஆதித்யா.

    ReplyDelete